Our Commitment to Your Privacy
If you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, such as:
Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
Account information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
Country of residence, nationality
Technical information, e.g. screen/user name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
Preferences (e.g. shopping habits, preferred courses)
Purchase history (incl. order number, delivery address, delivery status, ordered goods)
Lifestyle information, such as training goals, needs and fitness level
Training efforts and progress
Health data, such as heart rate variability, height, weight, injuries, illnesses, medical procedures and conditions, sleep pattern
How do we collect Personal Data?
• Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
• Account information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
• Country of residence, nationality
• Birth date
• Technical information, e.g. screen/user name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
• Preferences (e.g. shopping habits, preferred courses)
• Purchase history (incl. order number, delivery address, delivery status, ordered goods)
• Payment history
• Lifestyle information, such as training goals, needs and fitness level
• Training efforts and progress
• Health data, such as heart rate variability, height, weight, injuries, illnesses, medical procedures and conditions, sleep pattern
How do we use Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be processed by Team EF Coaching for the purposes of providing you with the products and services that you have ordered, for customer service, administrative services or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
We may also use Personal Data:
For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems with the Team EF Coaching Products as well as to ensure that the Team EF Coaching Products function properly.
To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the Team EF Coaching Products.
To send service related information, via various channels such as SMS, messenger services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, chat bots or email.
To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
If you have given your consent:
To analyse and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the Team EF Coaching Products experience and content based on your past activities on the Team EF Coaching Products.
To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location.
To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example through email marketing solutions such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s management software which maintains mailing lists and schedules and modifies email messages based on what recipients read, click-on or forward, or through other channels such as SMS, other messenger services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or chat bots. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
How do we share Personal Data?
• Corporate affiliates
Our corporate affiliates, for example a local EF Pro Cycling company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence, or assists with any of the services you have ordered, Or affiliates that provide internal service functions such as IT, legal or other shared services.
• Business partners, for example:
• Third party service providers
We share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the delivery of services to you and the operation of our business. For example, we may share Personal Data to providers of IT systems in order to manage customer relations, process credit cards or other payment solutions, schedule classes or store learning results; or to advertising platforms or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics to serve you with advertising tailored to your interests; and to other third parties to provide customer service, business analytics, and fraud prevention and compliance services.
• Other third parties
If you log in to an EF product/service by using a single sign-on through a third party app or platform, you will share certain information with that social media platform, such as the fact that you have visited or interacted with us.
• Corporate transactions
In the event that our business is directly or indirectly sold or combined with another business, your Personal Data may be disclosed to our advisers, a prospective purchaser and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and may be transferred to the new owners of the business.
• Legal rights and obligations
We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
International Data Transfers
Your Personal Data may be shared with affiliates of EF Pro Cycling or other recipients as described above that have a need to receive such data for the purpose of performing the services you have requested, or according to this policy. Such recipients may be located outside your own country, including countries outside the EEA/Switzerland that do not ensure the same level of protection as the country where you are domiciled. Unless the European Commission has decided that a country ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data, EF will use contracts based on the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses for international transfers of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable law. You have a right to ask us for a copy of the standard data protection clauses (by contacting us as set out in the Contact Us section below).
On what do we base our right to collect and use Personal Data?
We have documented the lawful bases for our processing activities in Annex 1.
On some occasions, we process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent (for example, when you agree that we may set cookies other than those that are strictly necessary). To the extent we use sensitive Personal Data, we base this on your explicit consent. Sensitive data can for example be information about health, ethnicity or religious beliefs – read more under “Sensitive data”. Where we process data based on consent, your consent is revocable at any time.
The processing of some of your Personal Data is necessary in order to provide services to you pursuant to the agreement that you enter into with us. Without this information, we would not be able to provide certain services to you.
On other occasions, we process your data when we are required by law (for example, if we are required by court order or any applicable law to process data).
We also process your Personal Data when it is in our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests to do so, provided that your data protection rights do not override these interests. This may be to market products or services similar to the one(s) you have already purchased from that same legal entity. Where we are not relying on consent, legal requirements or contractual necessity, we process your Personal Data based on legitimate interests as described in this Policy.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us you can use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing communication you received or let us know by using the contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Third Party Sites
How long do we store personal data?
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by law and market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or unless a specific time period has been communicated.
We will keep limited parts of your Personal Data which are necessary for marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent, but in no event for longer than 10 years after your last completed service or delivery of product.
If you are under the age of 18
To use the EF Pro Cycling Products, you must be at least 18 years old. If we learn that you are under the age of 18 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use EF Pro Cycling Products.
Sensitive Personal Data is data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership. In order to provide you with advice and coaching services related to your performance and your health for the Team EF Coaching products, we may ask for Personal Data related to your health and fitness. We will make sure that we receive your explicit consent to such processing and treat this information securely.
We respect your rights to access and control your information and will respond to requests in according with applicable privacy and data protection legislation. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
Depending on the lawful basis for processing upon which we rely, you have a right to:
1. request access to your Personal Data;
2. request that we correct or complete Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
3. request that we erase your Personal Data, which we will do where required by applicable privacy and data protection legislation;
4. restrict our processing of your Personal Data, in certain circumstances;
5. request that we provide you with copies of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or transfer it across different services;
6. object to certain types of processing, including where we process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests and for direct marketing purposes; and
7. where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
These rights are limited in some situations under applicable privacy and data protection legislation – for example, where we can demonstrate that we are under a legal obligation or have other legitimate grounds to process your data.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Special notice to California residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, once per year and free of charge, information about the personal information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the email address listed below including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
• Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing any sales (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased) and disclosures for a business purpose (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained).
• Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies, which may include but is not limited to information needed: (i) to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonable aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (iv) comply with a legal obligation; and (v) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
• Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verified consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us properly to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make a request.
Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without issue. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
If you would like to have a copy of the information EF Pro Cycling holds about you; a copy of the standard data protection clauses or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have complaints about our handling of your Personal Data, you have a right to contact the supervisory authority in the country where you live.